Replace Missing Teeth With Implant Dentistry
What if you had the opportunity to fill the gap in your smile with an exact duplicate of your lost tooth? What if you knew the replacement would look and function so much like the original tooth that you couldn’t tell a difference? That dream can become a reality with advancements in implant dentistry. You don’t have to go one more day self-consciously covering up missing teeth. A dental implant goes beyond tooth replacement to also restore oral health, self-esteem, and new social and professional opportunities. With several decades of research behind them, dental implants are known as one of the most successful cosmetic and restorative dental treatments. At Gentle Dentistry™ in Mt Vernon near both Everett and Burlington WA, we love to see the wonderful difference dental implants make in the smiles and lives of our patients.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants permanently replace one or multiple missing teeth. A sturdy titanium post replicates the tooth root, while a custom-made porcelain crown on top resembles the original tooth. Because the metal post fuses to the jawbone, dental implants uniquely restore both beauty and anchored tooth support.
What are the Benefits of Implant Dentistry?
- Natural: A dental implant replicates the natural look and function of both your tooth root and lost tooth. You can eat, talk, and smile normally again with your restored smile.
- Permanent Tooth Replacement: Unlike traditional dentures and bridges that need replacement after several years, dental implants can last a lifetime if proper hygiene is maintained.
- Preserves Oral Health: A dental implant preserves the health of surrounding teeth since it is self-supporting. When missing teeth are neglected, bone loss, gum deterioration, tooth shifting, and face shape alteration can occur. Implant dentistry maintains your oral health and solid bone structure.
- Strong Support: Dental implants withstand normal chewing pressures because they are anchored in the jawbone. The stability they provide is crucial for maintaining face shape and preventing bone or gum deterioration.
- Aesthetic: Whether you choose to cap your dental implants with crowns or dental implant supported dentures, you can be assured the highest quality tooth replacements. Each tooth replica is custom shaped and colored to fit beautifully into your new smile.
Can Dental Implants Restore Multiple Missing Teeth?
All or Most Teeth Missing: For a mouthful of missing teeth, replacing every tooth with a dental implant may be unrealistic. In this case, a smile can be successfully restored with dental implant supported dentures. Several metal dental implants are carefully positioned to provide anchored support. A full set of dentures is then easily attached to the top of the implants. Dental implant supported dentures offer greater comfort, stability, and oral health.
Several Missing Teeth: If you are missing several teeth in a row you might choose a fixed partial denture (or bridge). Depending on the size of the gap, one or more dental implants will be placed. After the partial denture is ready, it will securely fasten to the tops of the positioned dental implants.
What is a Mini Dental Implant?
Mini dental implants were originally developed to anchor dentures because they are small, minimally invasive, and easy to position. A traditional dental implant can take months to fuse to the jawbone, whereas a mini dental implant can be completed in one dental visit. They are fast, convenient, and effective. In certain cases, mini dental implants are now being used to support one or more tooth replacements. At a consultation with a dental implant dentist at Gentle Dentistry, you can determine together whether traditional or mini dental implant treatment is the best option for your teeth.
How Does The Dental Implant Procedure Work?
After determining that you are a candidate for dental implants, dental implant dentist Dr. Mizuta or Dr. Kim will carefully position a metal rod that replicates the function of your tooth root. Our friendly office environment and the option for sedation dentistry ensure that you feel at ease and relaxed during this procedure. Over the next several weeks or months the dental implant fuses with your jawbone to provide stability. The dental implant healing time varies depending on your current health, bone structure, and number of missing teeth. Meanwhile, our professional labs use molds of your mouth to craft world-class tooth replicas to cap the dental implants.
For more information on how dental implants or mini dental implants can restore your full smile, call our Gentle Dentistry office in Mt Vernon, WA today or fill out the simple contact form on this page to schedule an initial implant dentistry consultation. We are happy to show you some before and after photos of our dental implant patients in the Everett and Burlington WA area so you can see the amazing difference dental implant treatment can make.
Gentle Dentistry - Dr. Eunice Kim & Dr. Howard Mizuta
2100 East Section St # 101
Mount Vernon, WA 98274-9132